Saturday, April 26, 2014

Tfire Techmarine WIP

 
 
If you've seen one Tfire techmarine, you've seen em all.  I think I've squared off against at least 50 angry techmarines that have recently lost their best pal thunderfire cannon to enemy fire...   needless to say folks...  they're usually out for vengeance.  God help us all if its big guns never tire and they're scoring angry vengeful techmarines! 




Bottom line, I wanted to give my tech-bros some character and tie them into my roman themed Imperial Fists... but how?  Since the cult of the machine god is indeed a cult, I figured the Roman priests of Jupiter were an excellent place to start.  I tried my best to give them a cultist style cloak while staying away from the whole Dark Angels emo marine thing.  I added a gladius sheath to one and I'll likely be throwing some Fist logos all over the place. 

 
I've asked some accomplished local modelers in the past about how to get good with greenstuff (grey in my case) and their response is always the same: keep working with it.  From when I started trying to cut strips and lightly folding the clay to resemble folds of cloth, to completion about and hour later, I can definitely say that I feel much better about working with the material. 
 
I'm going to paint the cloaks black and probably use some pattern of yellow to try and denote them further as ImpFists and tie them to the rest of the army.  I'm very pleased with where these models are going. 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment