Thursday, April 24, 2014

Yellow - Nightmare or Challenge?




I've heard horror stories of painting white, red and yellow power armor and I wonder if it has nothing to do with the painting method or even the colors themselves, but the sheer amount of negative area on a regular space marine?  I'm about to find out.  A lot of folks like me that like the hobby and the game in equal measure are really torn when it comes to complicated paint schemes; on one hand I want to have awesome and masterfully painted models, and on the other I want to get those models on the table as soon as possible.
 

I think I've found a solution for yellow.  I've got over 50 marines in my 1850 army, and I think the best way to get these space meanies done fast is to prime with army painter daemonic yellow and wash the whole model (possibly twice) with GW ogryn flesh (now reikland fleshshade... or whatever). 

I've just ordered a bunch of necessary paints for my journey into the yellow abyss.  Of course, I support my fellow Wisconsin 40k enthusiasts and bought all of my stuff from Noble Knight Games out of Janesville.  Seriously though guys, Noble Knight had everything single item I needed IN STOCK and will be at my door next Monday!  Boom!  Go Wisconsin! 




No comments:

Post a Comment