Monday, May 12, 2014

Lysander Complete

Lysander is done!  Well, he's done, but his base will need a bit more.  I'll throw some basing on and call it a day.  I'm going to hit him with testers dull coat before I do anything else.  The red crest on his back is super sensitive to touch.  A slight nudge and the red comes right off. 


 
This was definately one of those models that looked just horrible until the last few steps.  I think he turned out pretty good.  I was right about being able to cover up all of the minotaurs sybols with Fists ones.  I knew it would take modeling and paint in order to cover them fully. 
 


It was a bit of a relief when I finished this guy.  I didn't know how the yellow would look with so much bronze on the model.  I also ended up using two different washes on the armor.  I used light brown (seraphim sepia) on the majority and deep brown (earthshade) on the places that just werent working out.  The pics don't show the red very well.  The cape and crest arent just coated red, theres a progression from dark brown. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment