Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Wrath of Khan


Hello everyone! When the 5th edtion space marine book came out, one page in the codex stood out to me more than all the others. That page is Kor'sarro Khan's in the character section.  While everyone was drooling over vulkan and lysander, I loved the thought of the new space marine biker army adorned with crazy space-mongol mustaches and waving bolt pistols and chainswords as they wildly crashed into the enemy's flanks!


I wanted something different.  So I got to work collecting my golden hoarde of bikers... and it has taken me quite some time.  At 15 bucks a dude, I almost when bankrupt... and as many of you know, you can't eat plastic.   

In today's tournament scene, a list isnt' 'competitive' if it can't tango with the notorious mech imperial guard (a sad truth).  If you don't write your list with the ol' IG in mind, than you are asking for a beating, especially considering the explosive popularity of the mech guard list.  When I first decided to collect white scars, I had no idea that IG was going to be so powerful.  As it turns out, the biker army certainly has an edge on the mechanized armies of the 5th edition.  Bottom line, the scars can be both competitive and stylish...  Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment